JOB TITLE: Communications Assistant
This is a part-time temp position, 25-30 hours per week, limited to 6 months.
Under direction of communications manager, responsible and accountable for the successful use and deployment of digital media technology in CDDRL and for preparing weekly Events and News Digest. Interface with internal and external clients requesting digital media equipment, support, and/or consultation.
- Collaborate with communications manager, faculty and program managers to determine project appropriate medium and plan production.
- Research, prepare and produce digital media for communications, training, documentation, and other communicative purposes for both internal and external audiences, including filming, livestreaming and editing of the video content.
- Prepare weekly events and news digest.
- Assist in preparing and distributions of the research newsletter.
- Research, recommend, and implement hardware and software configurations to meet client needs and to help ensure compatibility with university systems and architecture.
- Set up, operate and troubleshoot on a variety of equipment including but not limited to; laptops, video cameras, video projection, video conferencing, still photography, digitalization, analog and digital audio recording.
- Maintain and ensure proper operation of all equipment and perform repairs and cleaning of digital media equipment.
- May manage logistics, video shooting, music and sound effect licensing, computer graphics, animation, digital effect creation, editing and tape duplication.
- May act as liaison with vendors ensuring scheduling, costs and requirements are met.
- May assist in the CDDRL website update adding items such as news, publications and multimedia.
- * - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Associate degree and two years of experience. Good command in written English, familiarity with video production and video content placement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in production techniques including videography, compression and file delivery.
- Experience with live streaming events.
- Knowledge of camera, lighting, sound and editing
- Understanding of online video environment and online distribution.
- Superb written and verbal communication, good command of English.
- Ability to adapt equipment setup and provide alternative setup or workarounds if necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
Applications and questions send to email@example.com